RFM Flags: Calculate Brightness Temperature Spectra
- Calculate brightness
temperature spectra, i.e. the temperature [K] of the Planck Function
that gives the equivalent spectral radiance.
- No brightness temperature spectra written
- Incompatible with TAB Flag.
- Internally the RFM calculates radiance R,
which is converted to brightness
temperature T [K] at the output stage (subroutine spcout_sub.f90) using the
inverse of the Planck function, i.e:
T = c2 ν / ln ( 1 +
c1 ν3 / R )
where c1, c2 are the radiation constants, approx
1.191E-3 nW/(cm2 sr (cm-1)4)
respectively (actual values in phycon_dat.f90), ν is
the wavenumber [cm-1], R is the radiance
[nW/(cm2 sr cm-1)].
- See also the Rayleigh-Jeans Temperature,
which is closely related to BBT, and converges as ν → 0.
- See RFM Outputs for default
- [no recent bugs]