RFM Flags: Write Output Spectra as Binary Files
- Output spectra written as ASCII files.
- Any '.bin' string in output spectra filenames is replaced by
- The main advantages of writing outputs as binary files are smaller
file size (typically 1/3 size of ASCII output) and faster I/O.
The disadvantage is a slightly more difficult file
to read, particularly if switching between different FORTRAN compilers.
- This Flag does not affect the diagnostic output files which are always
written as ASCII files.
- This only affects the precision with which the output files are written;
the RFM internal representation is always double precision.
- [none reported]