Weather Station Maintenance Personnel
- Don Grainger
- Kallista Angeloff
- Nicola Rotolo
Upkeep of the station is fairly minimal.
Once a day, it is advisable to:
- Check that the current observation on the weather station website is within the last
five minutes. If not, login to atmlxdt055 and run `check_now' to print the
last ten observations and make sure they are within the last two minutes.
If not, debug.
- Check that the AERONET observations from the previous day were
uploaded to Goddard.
Once a week, it is necessary to:
- Clean the filter in the rain gauge. (If needed) remove obstructions from the top inlet and
bottom outlet using a thin wire.
- Clear obstructions and dirt from the baffle of the Cimel. Carefully clean
- Clean the dome on the UV meter.
- Check that the AERONET battery levels aren't dropping much below 11V at Valladolid University (requires an account,
which you should be able to obtain).
Once a month, it is necessary to:
- Clean the humidity sensor and remove obstructions from the screen
- Clean the dome on the sunshine sensor.
These acts can be easily done after lowering the mast. This is done by loosening the two scaffolding screws as shown.
Once a year, it is necessary to send the Cimel for calibration. This is organised in
liaison with the Field Spectroscopy Facility in Edinburgh, who manage the
instrument. Do not send it in July/August as the
Spanish team are on holiday and it won't be returned until
Once every few years, it is necessary to send the UV meter for calibration.